The previously rumored Nintendo Switch title Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle has had its key art and internal documents leaked online. In the art we can see Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and four dressed up Rabbids wielding weapons:
Five internal documents about the game have leaked as well. From these documents we have learned that:
- The game is 35% exploration, 65% turn-based combat.
- There are four worlds to discover.
- This twisted version of Mario’s world includes puzzles, secret zones, and easter eggs.
- Heroes have unique playstyles
- Battles have tactical options such as team jumps and destructible cover.
- Weapons are collectible and upgradable
- There are 7 enemy archetypes and 1 boss/mid-boss per world.
- 2-player co-op is available.
- Ubisoft Paris & Milan are developing the game.
- The game is using the Snowdrop Engine.
- Approximately 20 hours of gameplay.
- Planned for release in August or September 2017.
According to the documents, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is planned to be revealed at E3 2017, with press previews in July, and an appearance at Gamescom in August. While it may have been a silly rumor in the past, we’ll be surely seeing the game in action in just a few short weeks.