Update 2.9.0 is coming to Splatoon next week on July 5th. This update includes adding compatibility for the Callie & Marie amiibo, weapon balancing, stage adjustments, and bug fixes. The full list of patch notes can be found in detail below. Also, the 16th and final Splatfest was recently announced, for more details on event check out the link here.
Compatible amiibo Added:
- Now compatible with Callie and Marie amiibo.
Main Weapon Balancing:
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main Wepons.
Special Weapon Effect Duration Balancing:
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Special Weapon Effects.
- Ancho-V Games: Fixed an issue in Rainmaker mode, in which certain terrain wasn’t appearing correctly on the turf map when inked.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue that caused players performing a Super Jump while swimming through ink to appear to be sliding long distances to opponents.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ink Mines placed on enemy turf to occasionally be visible byopponents, whether or not they had the Bomb Sniffer gear ability.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.